Total Pageviews

Saturday 12 November 2011

New Vegie Patch...

I had a small vegie patch out the back a while ago, however last year it was all a bit much and I didn't manage to plant anything.
So this morning I've given it a go.

I bought Basil, and zucchini seedlings.

As well as Sage, Oregano,Cucumber, lots of different Tomatoes, and Lettuce.

Looking up towards the deck, before...

I had help with the Pea straw.

I'm using what I call the 'Barge' method, after my dear friend Marj,
who is very successful with a kind of ,
'just smother over straw, and make nest like wells with potting mix, and just shove the plants in'.
So much less stress than the standard,
'dig it all over , improve the soil, plant up, and mulch' method.


Tomato and Zucchini seedlings planted out.



I'm using old vegie boxes as planters on the deck, for herbs, and lettuce.
Looking up to the deck, with the vegies in.
I'll keep you posted on how it goes.

No comments:

Post a Comment