Total Pageviews

Thursday 24 November 2011

Something Simple...

The Ingredients...

Broad Beans, and Silver beat, from the church garden. Egg, and Potatoes.


I shelled the beans and microwaved them with a bit f water for five minutes.

When they were cool enough I took the outer layer off...with just a bit of a squeeze.

And set them aside.

Then I cut some potatoes, and microwaved them, again for about five minutes.
I just sort of squashed them skins and all,
with Salt, Pepper, Olive Oil and some Parmesan cheese.

A view from the bench at this stage.

I heated a bit of oil in a pan and added a cut clove of Garlic
 (which I removed after a minute or so.)
Put in a squeeze of Lemon Juice, and a bit of Balsamic vinegar,
When that was all wilted I put the Broad Beans in to heat through.
At the same time I poached an egg in boiling water with a bit of vinegar.
(and re heated the potatoes slightly).

The final result, ready to eat...such a simple pleasure.

No comments:

Post a Comment